Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year! Crafty gift roundup Part 1- ideas and instructions

Happy 2012!

I'm starting off the new year by wrapping up the old one :) I wanted to share our crafty Christmas gifts with you and hopefully lend a little inspiration for the coming holidays/birthday/any time at all.

My husband made anklets for my daughter and myself. I just love that he made these with his own hands and picked the colours for us!


 Hairclips for my daughter and niece. These were so simple and look beautiful.


 Headbands for the babies too. I got to use my new ruffler foot for these :D


 Action shot!


 Christmas day outfits for both kids. Tutorial for shirred baby dresses over here.


Anklets:
Here is a good tutorial for the knotting technique. My anklet is 6 strands, 2 white, 2 forest green, 1 sage green, 1 grass green. Alexis has 2 dark purple, 2 medium purple and 2 blue. These can be as big or small as you want and you can use any amount of colours.


Hairclips:
Here's a good visual tutorial for how to cover your alligator clips with ribbon. Remember you are ONLY covering the top part of the clip and the hinge part. The bottom must be left bare so it slides into the hair. NOTE: I used a lighter to singe my ribbon ends and a hot clue gun to attach the ribbon. It was really easy. I got my clips from here, great product and great prices.

And a note on the new year stuff, I'm really not one for New Year's resolutions. You don't need a new year to start something or change something, every day, hour and minute gives you the chance to embark on a new path. You are never a failure for not keeping resolutions, just keep on in the right direction and give yourself a pat on the back for trying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment