Sunday, October 7, 2012

Strange Fruit

This is an idea I've had for a while and it feels really good to finally get it down on paper. Sometimes I have an idea that's really strong in my mind but no matter how hard I try I can't find my groove and get it down on paper the way I feel it should be. This one, however has pleased me :)

Strange Fruit #eveningsong ink #drawing #art
Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit is a bit darker than my work of late. The tree reflects on itself, showing a summer tree, full of apples and a swing and covered in leaves. The reflection is a bare winter tree with old rope tendrils and various human remains hanging from the branches. That it where the name comes from.

While the piece is perfectly timed for Halloween, it is really influenced by a Laurell K Hamilton novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment