Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Stone Carving for jewellery

So, my first holiday experiment was stone carving. I adore using local beach stones in my jewellery but they are frustratingly difficult to bezel-set in silver due to the natural size differences around the edges. Instead, I figured I would whip out the trusty rotary tool and see if I could drill those suckers!

The musical note became a gift for my lovely sister-to-be and the heart and arrow were for practice (and me :P)

Eveningsong Ink carved beach stone treble clef

Eveningsong Ink carved beach stone heart

Eveningsong Ink carved beach stone arrow

I am really pleased with the result and I think with a little more experimentation with the drill bits I should have some of these available for sale via my Etsy shop :)

1 comment:

  1. my first holiday experiment was stone carving. I adore using local beach stones in my jewellery but they are frustratingly difficult to bezel-set in silver due to the natural size differences around the edges. pearl jewellery

    ReplyDelete